Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Crestfall || Hmm...

 

Hmm.

Taking a quick break from Another Time today to update you all on Cresftall! With Christmas coming up soon, updates on Another Time might be slow over the next several days as my family will be visiting and we'll be celebrating the holidays.

So, Crestfall has been rebuilt with the new Docking Station Steam version - yay! First of all, I'm glad to report that Albian Warp still works excellently - I even received a few new Norns from ham5ter! In particular, these two, plus a few others who have mixed themselves somewhere into the crowd in the Norn Terrarium. The world they came from was "Warp test", so it sounds like they're just making sure inter-world travel is still up and running. :)

All of my mods are set up appropriately and everything is running smooth as butter, which I'm very glad for. However, I made the very rookie mistake of re-importing all of my Norns before unpacking all of my breed sprites... oops.

I re-exported them all, unpacked the sprites, and re-imported them... only to find that most of the Norns were now some mix of Gargoyle Norn, Wood Norn, and Alien Norn sprites. I probably brought this upon myself, but between the sprites all getting switched up and the Norns themselves getting cloned and losing their names upon import... most of the identity of the original Crestfall Norns has been erased! Unfortunate, but I suppose that's the price being paid for getting a little messy when moving between installs, haha.

At the very least, our resident immortal creatures - who I have to admit I'm quite attached to at this point - all came intact, thanks to their use of default sprites! Esme and Elfgard are almost 48 hours old now, while Ferris is only 9, which makes me wonder if he got lost at some point.

The only other particularly notable Norn has been the re-named Kiwi Iron here, with a sort of periwinkle shade on his upper half and a lime-ish green on his lower half. He's really quite pretty, and I hope maybe he'll breed with some of the other Norns and carry those genes along.

And so with that, Crestfall rises once again! My casual world is back in action. While things settle down and I make sure all of the stuff I usually like is in place, I'll probably also introduce some generation 1 Norns of various kinds to increase the diversity a little...

|| Previous || Next ||

No comments:

Post a Comment