Monday, December 13, 2021

Another Time || Day 9: Underneath Albia

 

What I thought might be an intense drama pretty quickly turned into a bit of a struggle instead - I needed to get these two back home with the others as soon as I could! But maybe, just maybe, they can complete their journey together...?

While I tried to wrestle Benji and Darla into crossing the ocean through the underground tunnel together, back home, Rice's daughter hatched! She was a very sweet looking young Norn - I've always thought that the female Banana Norn heads looked so kind and proper, somehow - and I named her Anna. I love this picture I managed to get of her egg hatching next to the Christmas tree, it feels very "Albian Christmas" indeed.

As it turns out, you can in fact put two Norns on this cart at the same time, so I wasted no time in sending Benji and Darla along. I decided at this point that although the fun part is indeed the journey and not the destination, I was having trouble watching out for Norns in two different places at once. I wanted to get everyone all back together, and pronto!

Once they reached the other side of the tunnel, Benji decided that he'd had quite enough and fell asleep, much to Darla's distress. She stayed by his side the whole time, staring at him... he was alright, thankfully, but Darla didn't seem quite so convinced.


It was at this point that I was alerted to another death. It seems that Cornstarch, unfortunate little guy, got separated from the group back home at some point and wandered off, where he probably starved to death. To make matters worse, apparently closing the Graveyard without making a headstone right away prevents you from making a headstone at all. I'd only wanted to see if I could take a final picture of him! Poor Cornstarch!!

Even though making it to seven hours into the game before having a second death is a big accomplishment, in my opinion, it looks like things are about to go very south for the rest of the group. Checking the Observation Kit informed me that not only had most of the Norns in the garden fallen ill, but two of them were at less than 25% Life Force, with a third close behind!


Rice and Anna even had little headstone icons next to their names, even though they were still alive, which made things feel extra ominous, but Rice succumbed to her illness just seconds after I unpaused the game again. Perhaps I've just been lucky so far, because it seems like everything is about to crumble! Maybe if I make a strong effort now, I can save Anna...

|| Previous || Next ||

No comments:

Post a Comment