Saturday, December 11, 2021

Another Time || Day 7: Alert!

 


I don't know what I expected when I injected "Carrot variation", but it wasn't bouncing carrots, that's for sure.

While the struggle with "getting my Norns to eat" is probably far from over, I finally convinced Cornstarch to eat something after he got separated from the pack and I proceeded to put a Christmas pudding next to him and spam "eat" particularly hard.


It worked (YAAAAAAY), but honestly, I'm not sure if it's too late for Cornstarch... he's sitting at 18% life force after that whole ordeal, which isn't pretty. I'm happy I've gotten him to eat anything at all, though, and now I'm going to try and get him to eat as much as possible while we're still on a roll here.

Meanwhile, one of the pregnant Norns - whether it was Darla or Rice, I'm not sure - laid her egg near the furnace and the Christmas tree. I thought it was particularly sweet to see the little egg next to the tiny teddy bear toy. It can be easy to forget how small eggs initially are...



Having once again temporarily resolved the problems back home, I returned to the island with Benji once again (and brought him a Christmas pudding as well, for good measure). My plan, tentatively, was to help Benji complete the quest to circumnavigate Albia, once I was sure that the rest of the Norns weren't going to die off while I wasn't looking because they were too busy throwing around the bouncy carrots.


The new egg finally hatched, and to my pleasant surprise, it's another male! This is Ernest, once again a name that came into my head at random. It was a little hard to get a picture of him because all of the Norns decided to cluster up in the nursery, but I finally managed a shot when he lagged slightly behind the rest.


While messing around with the kits trying to figure out who Ernest's parents are, I realized that even though I had set the Observation Kit to notify me when a Norn's life force is low, I hadn't received any notice! Ticking the option to have alerts appear in a message box provided me with this actually hilarious alert. I suppose that does at least let us know who the mother is, since it sounds like Rice is about to lay her egg, but why does this Norn look so shocked? It's like something terrible is about to happen! It feels like a bad omen for the baby... 


Back on the island, Benji seemed to have decided to move on, and I swooped in just in time to tell him to leave as he was having a confrontation with the Grendel. The Grendel even ate his Christmas pudding! I can get another one for Benji, but how rude :(


Benji ate the second Christmas pudding right away, though, and seems to be feeling a lot better about the whole thing. Just look at that face! With that problem temporarily solved, it's time to try and send Benji through the underwater tunnels...
|| Previous || Next ||


2 comments:

  1. I think the default coconuts have a bug where creatures can't actually eat the shards of coconut flesh. I know Alex made a fix for them: https://roundtablenorns.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, someone else mentioned this on the last post too! Strange bug, haha. If I end up starting over or giving my world an overhaul, I'll be sure to use the updated foods! :)

      Delete