Friday, December 17, 2021

Another Time || Day 10: Turning Things Around


I'm really surprised I've never seen some of these alert box icons before now. They're kind of horrifying, actually. This one looks like it belongs in a creepypasta or something...

That particular message came too little too late, as Rice had died before it ever popped up, but thankfully there might have still been time to save Anna if I acted fast (and got a little lucky). Potroast seemed to be faring much better (I wasn't quite sure where he'd run off to, but he seemed to have avoided catching the illness that struck everyone else). 


Fairyfloss and Ernest, meanwhile, were doing "okay". "Okay" in quotes, because ~30% life force probably isn't great, but at least they weren't actively dying yet... perhaps with some medicine, energy, and a little extra encouragement to eat, they might all be able to come out of this.

My hopes for Anna weren't exactly high (7% life force!), and I figured that even if I gave my best effort, it may be too little too late. However, to my pleasant surprise, she went on an upswing after being convinced to eat a piece of cheese from the Health Kit and getting some more cough medicine! Maybe there's still hope after all, in Norns that are a bit (just a bit) less easily distracted than poor Cornstarch was.


After some diligent repeated commands to eat and some doses of cough medicine for each Norn, my Observation Kit was looking a lot less bleak. Not perfect, for sure, but at least I didn't lose all of the Norns that were looking like they might have been about to meet their fate. I feel like I'm not doing so bad for a first-timer after all!

Feeling a bit more confident in my ability to take care of other things without everyone losing their heads, I returned to focusing my efforts on corralling Benji and Darla back home. The process was mostly painless, as I've gotten just a little bit better at Norn-wrangling by now, and without too much trouble, I had them both traveling across the underground tunnel to head back home!



I do have to admit, I was feeling pretty proud of myself once I was able to get everyone back together. Even though a few Norns were lost along the way, I found myself proudly able to say that I was able to lead a Norn - not even just one Norn, actually, but two Norns - around the entirety of Albia! Given the difficulties along the way, it was no small task, but here we are. Seven and a half hours into the game, and I've done it!

The real question is... where do I go from here?


I suppose, given that Creatures is a game without limits, I could just leave my Norns to roam as they please and see what happens. I could wait for them to die out, and then knock this sandcastle over and build a new one with some new COBs and maybe some new Norn breeds in tow. I could keep playing as I've been playing, hands-on, and see how far I can take this thing. And really, that kind of sounds like the best option to me from here. I want to see it through!

It didn't take long for me to realize that despite having reached my "end goal", another issue had already presented itself...

 (Sorry for the wait, everyone! We're back in business now. 😊)

|| Previous || Next ||

No comments:

Post a Comment