Sunday, December 6, 2020

The Winter Festival on Our Albia - Day 12

"Come on, everyone! Get as many of the frogs as you can - let's get them all back to the pond!"

"And... and be gentle with them, too!" Anni called after me, her arms full of frogs as she rushed past me to get them to safety. What a disaster...

The hunt was on, and now most of the creatures at the festival were trying to catch all of the escaped frogs and bring them back to safety. They were hard to catch, though! After all, most of us are only so big, and the frogs love to jump around and get all over the place... even places we can't reach!

As I was rushing back to the pond with a couple of frogs gathered up in my arms, I saw a blur of fur rush past me... it was Thorg, one of the Sabertooth Norns!

"Oh, no..." I thought to myself as I watched him run by. This was exactly what I had been worried about. Those Sabertooth Norns have some crazy strong hunting instincts, after all, so maybe they would see one of these frogs as more of a snack than a friend...

"Please, be careful! We need all of the frogs to be safe!" I called after him, but he didn't answer, maybe caught up in the chase.

I hurried along to get my frogs back to the pond, prepared for the worst... but as I released them and stood up, turning around, I was greeted by Thorg... with a frog in his hands!

"I caught it." Thorg nodded firmly, and trotted past me, letting it go into the pond.

"Oh!" What a pleasant surprise. I smiled at him. "Thank you!"

Thorg nodded again, already heading back towards where the rest of the loose frogs were still hopping about. "We will catch them. Frogs will be safe."

And then off he went, bolting towards them like lightning... as it turns out, those hunting instincts I was so worried about meant that the Sabertooth Norns were actually the best at catching the frogs!

~Sprite 

|| Previous || Next ||

No comments:

Post a Comment