Tuesday, September 11, 2018

New Albia || Experiences in Education

As it turns out, Jessie and James' sleeping troubles were a result of me adding a sleep fix on top of the Albian Updates fixes! It must have overwritten it. Oops. After re-injecting Albian Updates, my two Norns were able to settle down for a nap.



Now that's a happy Norn! Thank goodness.


Wondering what to do now that my Norns are happy, healthy, and educated, I looked around a bit before realizing there was a second teaching computer in the downstairs level of the tunnels. It looks like this one teaches emotions! It's very important to be able to tell how my Norns are feeling, so obviously this is the next step.



I think there's something to be said for the effort required to work with these Norns. Convincing them to "come" to me, getting them to follow me, and then sending them down in the elevator was an ongoing process, and I'm starting to really appreciate how involved everything feels. It's surely different from just grabbing them by the scruff of the neck and dropping them where I want them to go!


At first, they seemed to make a game of avoiding going where I wanted them to go, and it took me some effort to corral them so that they would stay by the computer.


Don't you give me that look!


By the time I was getting them to hold still, they were tired out, and some wise guy kept hitting the back button on the computer. That's not going to make your lesson go any faster!

I also learned some new concepts from the computer myself; I had forgotten that there is a thirst drive, and in addition, it would seem there's a vocabulary word for "choking". Huh?! Surely this doesn't mean my Norns can choke on their food...

They've also started saying certain things when they eat, and I caught James at one point saying "good bit o nosh". Now that's what I call British! I can't help but wonder if these were originally part of the game, or if they were included in the updates I'm using. They're quite funny either way, so I don't mind it. 

Although, perhaps I should be concerned when they're saying things like "yummy" when they're not actually eating anything...

|| Previous || Next ||

No comments:

Post a Comment