Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Crestfall || Downward Slopes


I want to open this post by discussing this Favorite Place icon for the Learning Room for a second, because I just now, at this very moment, realized that it was supposed to be a medal, not a sideways fish.

Had a second to think about that? OK.

On with the actual post!


When I went out for a while and came back to Onerous Moor at the age of about 41 minutes old, he had this gorgeous pink and blue coloring! How pretty.
Another green Gargoyle Norn was discovered (gasp!), this time Bloated Iridium. He was also Ancient (a little over 6 hours old) when I found him, so perhaps the green coloring really is something that only shows up in old age!
Arnhelm here was found dead, apparently having starved despite living in an environment with plenty of food around! Perhaps the other Norns unfortunately bullied him out of it, or maybe he just had the unfortunate Nornish problem of forgetting how to eat... in any case, I'll be sure to watch the population in the Norn terrarium a bit more carefully.
It was at this point that I realized with the world so crowded and time going so slowly, things were going nowhere fast - so I, erm, quietly "removed" some of the more elderly Norns to speed up the process a bit. I was hoping to get things back to something like normal. I also set Wolfmate to start exporting elderly creatures, so I think that will make it a bit easier next time something like this happens!

Most of the now 50 Norns remaining are young adults, at about an hour old. The concern now is that this is going to cause a population gap, and the adult Norns slapping eggs around (I'm using Amaikokonut's Interactive Egg script) are only going to make problems even worse!

For now, I've decided to slowly increase and decrease the population cap to get a steady stream of baby Norns in while also getting the population down to the size I want it.

Apologies for the short update this time around, as it seems I've got a pattern of letting real-life distractions get in the way of how much time I spend playing Creatures! I guess that's what happens when there's so much moving in and out of places, getting things sorted out, learning the ropes of this or that...
At the very least, I'm happy to say that my internship has gone quite well and is ending in a week. It's hard to say at this point whether or not I'll get hired to the company I interned with full-time, but I have high hopes because of how well it went! 

I've had a lot less free time than I'm used to, since this was my first time working a 9-5, five-days-a-week job... I think in the future, perhaps one of things I'll need to learn is the balance between work and time playing Creatures! ;P

|| Previous || Next ||

No comments:

Post a Comment