Monday, February 20, 2023

Vermillenia || What a year...?

 


Where did 2022 go? Has it really been more than a whole year since my last post...?

Uh, here I am... again! I'm sure every "hey, I'm back, for the 5th time!" post gets a bit old for anyone who still happens to read my blog, so instead I'm just going to give an update on things, where I'm at, and what I'm planning to do next.

If you can believe it, even though it's been quite some time since I last played Creatures, it's never been very far from my mind. Indeed, my collection of Creatures boxes and ever-adorable Norndolls is on a shelf directly above my work desk, and you bet I appreciate it every single day. Even if it gets a bit dusty. I'm not great at dusting. 

I keep thinking "yeah, I'll play again sometime", and then I don't... and continue to not... for a couple of different reasons, both space-related and life-related. Instead of getting into a billion different excuses on why I haven't been playing my favorite childhood game, I will give a couple of life updates - since I last posted here, I moved apartments again and have been promoted at work. :)

A certain life circumstance changing means that I'll now have the space to leave my laptop running on a table sometimes, which I realized means I can play Creatures again the way I like to most - by leaving a world going! I wanted to participate in the newest implementation of the Warp (available on the Eem Foo's Archive Discord!) and this seems like just the right time and way to do it.

So, with that out of the way, I'm going to start with a clean slate and introduce a new world - Vermillenia!

Vermillenia is a brand-new world that will primarily be using the Banshee Ark series of metarooms. I'm planning to give TWB Norns a try, for real this time - I'll be starting off with just plain Siamese Norns, as I'm quite fond of the more subdued natural colors (and how nice it'll look when they start changing colors over time).

I'm not sure how often I'll be updating the blog - realistically, I have to admit, probably not all that much - but I'll be out there, and if you're on Eem Foo's Warp, keep an eye out for me!


And, of course, our favorite forever-babies are here too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment