Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Crestfall || A Day Away


The first creature from Crestfall to move on to more places is Slimy Continent, the male generation 1 Alien Norn in the Norn Terrarium! Here's to hoping he has good adventures wherever he goes, and maybe one day we'll see him return.

Telling Einsteinium, always quite the curious creature with her high generation number, changes colors from purple to a brilliant blue as she grows older. How pretty!

Teensy Jujube, meanwhile, decides to take this opportunity to breed with both Telling Einsteinium and Crunchy Cliff, and then take a nap! All in a day's work for this Norn, it seems.

It was at this point that I went to bed, after making sure the portals in both the Norn Terrarium and Norn Meso were online and briefly bumping the population cap up to get a large volume of eggs hatched. After things were settled in, away I went, intending to leave the game running until I returned from classes the following afternoon...

Waking up the next morning found me a couple of issues; for one, Elfgard and Esme had both wandered their way into the Jungle Terrarium. Creatures, sneaky little things that they are, must've heard me say "they can still get in from the bridge if they're particularly determined..."


I'm still quite attached to my immortal Norns (and Grendel), so after making sure Ferris was still alright (he was), I scooped Elfgard and Esme up and put them back in the Norn Terrarium, where I gave them both an anti-bacterial treatment and checked out the WHOA NELLY amount of diseases they'd picked up. Still, they were both perfectly healthy despite the laundry list of deadly illnesses... I suppose being immune to aging and regular needs makes you immune to diseases, too.

As of the time of writing (about 3PM on April 2nd), these two are approaching eighteen hours of age. Elfgard is now clean, while Esme is still shaking off the last of what was apparently a ridiculously high dose of sleep toxin.


While having a look through the deaths after I'd returned home from class, I came upon Crunchy Cliff, who died of old age about twenty minutes after I'd left in the morning. She had one child who did not make it to old age, and was pregnant with a second when she died - may they all rest in peace. (I was also informed by her original owner, Fuuinrei, that she was indeed aged up by the hand and was a member of an experimental Treehugger-based genetic breed! I'm very lucky to have been able to have her.)

There are a few places in which Crestfall needs to go back to the drawing board, which I'll probably start in on tonight; namely, I have been unable to get a strong population running in the Norn Terrarium (I may lock the door to the bridge just to prevent Norns from going stray, as I actually hatched some new ones in the morning and came back in the afternoon to find they'd wandered off to the bridge and died) and the Aardvark Norns in the Burrows have also died out.

Still, I'd consider my half-a-day away - I had the game running by itself from roughly 11PM to 2PM, with some brief interference when I checked on it around 8AM - a success! Having the game running for so long and seeing some activity with the Warp was pretty exciting.

|| Previous || Next ||

No comments:

Post a Comment