Friday, May 4, 2018

A Series of Unfortunate Events, or why you shouldn't reinstall when you're tired

Hello everyone! Um, it is with a heavy heart that I have to admit I've made a terrible mistake.

Due to some minor issues arising with my Docking Station, and a few major ones beginning to show up afterwards (including some bizarre issues showing up in newly created worlds), I decided it was time to reinstall the game. However, upon reinstallation and moving some of the files over, some of the problems still persisted, so I uninstalled again to reinstall again... and realized that I had moved, not copied, the old files over when attempting to move into the new installation.



So, the uninstaller removed my things, and because I didn't copy my things over properly, I have lost all of my current worlds. This unfortunately means that the ends of the stories of the worlds that were being posted about on the Pappus Café before this point will remain untold. I want to apologize to everyone who has been reading Applewood Fields and the Waterworks, as these worlds have been lost forevermore. (Along with all of my personal ones, I'm afraid!)

Well, if anything else, I suppose this serves as a good lesson for why you shouldn't do something like this when you're feeling pretty tired!

Since I no longer have any data I need to be preserving, I'm going to be taking this opportunity to do an entirely fresh reinstall of the game. When I moved into this new laptop, I simply copied the old data from the old laptop into the newly installed game folder... so now is a good time to give everything a hard reset. I'll be taking some time to get the fresh installation settled in, as well as thinking up some ideas for new worlds. I also want to come up with some kind of fun mini-features, but I'm not sure yet whether or not that'll work out. (In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions as to types of worlds they'd like to see, I'm interested in hearing!)

Thank you for continuing to read the stories here at the Pappus Café, and here's to the new worlds we will see going forward.

Take care,
Pixis

2 comments:

  1. Aww, it's a shame to hear about all those worlds being lost :( Good luck with your future ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm sorry ; _;/ It does kinda suck. Thank you though!

      Delete